My websites designs strive to be a cut above the rest. Beginning with research, brand exploration and site architecture through communication with the client, I ensure the final piece accurately reflects the precise needs of the organization.
With well over a decade of experience, I understand what makes a good business website tick. Part of that alchemy is good design. Equally important is compelling writing, attention to search engine optimization, and creating tools and content the reader will consume. When a business’ website serves its constituency, it becomes successful.
My designs are never template-based. They are a blend of custom, deliberate branding and marketing.
What I Can Do, Specifically
- Small- to medium-sized websites for businesses or nonprofit organizations
- Custom CMS for easy content maintenance
- Single- or multi-author environments
- Light e-commerce
- Writing and editing of content
- Search engine optimization
- Mobile compatibility and optimization
Your Content Management System
These days, almost every website is built with a content management system (CMS). This empowers members of your team to manage content directly without getting your hands dirty with HTML, CSS or other technical aspects of the site (unless, of course, you want to).
Using a CMS speeds development time, keeping costs down. And because you can manage your own content without going through a web developer, a CMS saves money over the long-term as well.
Although I have experience in Wordpress and other software, I typically recommend Textpattern, a mature, open source content management system that is well-known for its user-friendly interface.
Current Technology and Web Standards
I actively follow and participate in current web development best practices. This includes making websites accessible, providing mobile-ready versions, using best practices to speed load time, and using progressive enhancement to ensure that the site is usable on any browser or device.
Included With Every Project
- content features
- unlimited pages and sections
- fully customized contact page
- custom error 404 page
- grammar and style editing
- site map
- market & competition research
- custom design (no templates)
- access to rich photo library
- standards-based markup
- tableless design through CSS
- fast-loading HTML
- cross-browser compatibility
- search engine optimization
- high text-to-markup ratio
- optimized metadata in place
- XML sitemap and robots.txt
- detailed web analytics
- Section 508 compliant
- accessibility statement
- keyboard and screen-reader friendly
- optimized for phones and tablets
- tested on many devices
- content management system
- customized CMS
- edit, change, remove content
- upload images and files
- comprehensive documentation